Saltwater is a digital marketing and advertising agency, that believes in solving our client’s marketing challenges with thoughtfully designed user/customer experiences, and compelling user journeys. User experience fundamentals help shape our strategy for the work we produce, and the mediums that we employ to reach the client’s audience.
At Saltwater the Interactive Designer works closely with our Digital Marketing Experience team, and the client at the beginning stages of the relationship or project, to gather research, define personas, and identify ideal paths and mediums for generating interaction and conversion goals. As a member of the DMX team you will help design the information architecture and other fundamental exercises to begin shaping new sites. Our design team will collaborate with you during the wireframe and rapid prototyping stages to ensure that the finished design tracks to the audience’s objectives as well as the client’s. At the closure of a project the Interaction Designer contributes to the QA process by validating the finished product’s integrity, and testing to ensure we’ve maintained the fidelity of the intended experience.
This is a critical position, and an opportunity to bring and craft new processes, within a relatively organic agency that rewards collaborative members. We look forward to discussing your ideas around innovating the design process in this field, and sharing some of our own that you would help to refine and formalize.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team and contribute to our ambitious level of creative and functional excellence. The ability to both lead and collaborate on separate occasions is desired, we are a non-ego culture that values team players who can also step up and lead the team and clients in their area of expertise when called upon.
Here are a few other things you would be responsible for...
- Own multiple (but not excessive) projects at the same time, usually in various states of completion.
- Advocate for the user audience in project strategy and design discussions.
- Ensure the final product meets the standards we set out to achieve, or guide the team back to success where they’ve gone off the tracks in execution.
- Continuously develop, improve and teach processes that build design efficiency within Saltwater through UX principles.
- Advising and collaborating with brand/creative designers to ensure that brand standards are met and exceeded in the finish product.
- Establish or contribute to core project definition documents (such as IA, wireframes, personas, etc) that can be used consistently across projects to capture the decisions made and create client awareness and comfort with the plan going forward.
- Prepare visual design files for production of finished assets for use in development and content execution.
- 3+ years of experience within the UI-UX-IA design space.
- Familiarity with the Design Thinking process.
- Experience working with consumer-decision scenarios, and marketing principles a plus.
- Strong people skills, comfort presenting and articulating in a group setting.
- Highly proficient in modern design applications like: Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Fluent in ADA compliance and assistive technologies with respect to defining design criteria for web and mobile interfaces.
- Rapid contextual/clickable prototyping abilities to deliver solutions and answers for our customers and teams.
- Knowledge & basic familiarity with HTML, CSS for the purposes of dialog with the development team when handing off designs.
- Knowledge of device compatibility concepts including responsive web design, responsive delivery, etc.
- Comfortable in daily communication using collaboration tools such as Slack.
- Agile training is a plus but not required.
Must be currently, legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.