The Media Strategist is responsible for media planning, buying, execution, optimization, reporting and reconciliation.
- Acts as the primary media expert for assigned clients and client service team
- Develops strategic media plans and recommendations for client assignments
- Presents media recommendations as part of an integrated strategy to clients or internal teams
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination/execution and management of media plans and schedules
- Ensures that schedules are placed correctly and within budget; monitoring clearance daily, when necessary
- Works with multiple sources of analytics to be able to provide optimization recommendations as well as post-analysis of buys that include campaign results and buy recaps
- Researches media trends for use in planning and presentation to internal teams
- Gathers and analyzes data to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
- Writes POVs/position papers on media opportunities and sponsorships; evaluates and recommends to client when appropriate
- Delivers POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
- Maintains accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and works closely with media operations and producers to ensure all parties are aligned
- Prepares media authorizations per approved plans/project requests
- Experience communicating directly with the client.
- Ability to build and nurture partner relationships.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Results-driven and passionate about putting in the work to garner success.
- Extensive knowledge of media planning and buying (cross-channel).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to follow process
- Ability to use investigative skills to reconcile invoicing.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience with Google products in general; Campaign Manager, Google Tag Manager (GTM), Google Analytics (GA), Google Ads is a plus.
- Experience with Bionic or other ad-planning tools.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Media Planning