The PPC Specialist is an experienced position that balances pay-per-click campaign execution and client relationship management. PPC Specialists are responsible for PPC account management, and campaign strategy, management, and optimization of paid search, paid social, and video campaigns.
The PPC Specialist role is extremely client facing, with the Specialist directly owning relationships as an agency point-of-contact. They are responsible for professional and thoughtful correspondence with clients. The PPC Specialist has the ability to run client calls independently, with the confidence and industry knowledge to address key stakeholders on the client side.
A PPC Specialist should fundamentally understand different paid search and paid social strategies and know when to apply different tactics based on client needs and campaign objectives. Additionally, the PPC Specialist must be able to articulate these PPC strategies back to the client, and ensure PPC Coordinators are versed to properly execute. They are expected to grow their understanding of paid tactics and strategies through regular industry research, and by representing Saltwater at industry events.
A PPC Specialist is expected to help identify opportunities for upselling and cross selling services to current clients. They also support business development by contributing to the creation of presentations and proposals, and actively participating on client pitches.
- Ongoing management of paid search and paid social campaigns across paid media clients.
- Work with PPC Director to identify appropriate goals, KPI’s, target segments, and creative requirements for successful PPC campaigns.
- Use these goals as a framework to create, deploy, and manage PPC campaigns across search and social networks.
- Collaborate with media strategists, creative services, and content specialists to ensure copy and content are aligned with keyword and campaign strategies and that all teams are subscribing to PPC and analytics best practices.
- Manage client budgets to drive qualified traffic and conversions consistently and efficiently.
- Maintain ongoing PPC plans for clients to outline optimization activities, promotions, and creative content.
- Align client needs with new product betas to ensure new tools and methodologies are being presented to clients.
- Account management
- Lead reporting calls
- Partner & Vendor calls
- Support business development initiatives for prospective digital marketing clients.
- Help to assess and administer the technology, data and tracking needs to measure and report on performance across campaigns.
- Proficiency in analytics platforms including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager.
- Expertise in self serve ad platforms including Google Ads (Search, Display, YouTube), Microsoft Advertising (Bing), LinkedIn, and Facebook for Business. Certification is encouraged.
- Experience with managing accounts and leading reporting calls.
- Experience tracking, measuring, and assessing client performance across multiple campaigns.
- Experience managing client budgets.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred but not required