Senior Media Planner
The Senior Media Planner’s extensive experience and expertise in this role should provide our clients with high-level work and service. Fundamentally, they are responsible for media planning, buying, execution, optimization, reporting and reconciliation.
- Acts as the primary media expert for assigned clients and client service team
- Develops strategic and creative media plans/ recommendations for client assignments
- Presents media recommendations as part of an integrated strategy to clients or internal teams
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination/execution and management of media plans and schedules
- Ensures that schedules are placed correctly and within budget; monitoring clearance daily, when necessary
- Works with multiple sources of analytics to be able to provide thoughtful and effective optimization recommendations as well as post-analysis of buys that include campaign results and buy recaps
- Researches media trends for use in planning and presentation to internal teams
- Gathers and analyzes data to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
- Writes POVs/position papers on media opportunities and sponsorships; evaluates and recommends to client when appropriate
- Delivers POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
- Maintains accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and works closely with media operations and producers to ensure all parties are aligned
- Prepares media authorizations per approved plans/project requests
- Trains Media Planner and Media Coordinator if/when applicable
- Experience communicating directly with the client.
- Ability to build and nurture partner relationships.
- Mastery of negotiation skills.
- Results-driven and passionate about putting in the work to garner success.
- Extensive knowledge of media planning and buying (cross-channel), with an emphasis on digital savvy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use investigative skills to reconcile invoicing.
- Willingness and ability to follow process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to help teammates follow processes.
- Leads by example
- Proficient in MS Excel and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Experience with Google products in general; Campaign Manager, Google Tag Manager (GTM), Google Analytics (GA), Google Ads is a plus.
- Experience with Bionic or other ad-planning tools.
Must be currently, legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in Media Planning