Saltwater is seeking to fill the role of SEO Coordinator with an enthusiastic, data-driven professional with a passion for writing. The SEO Coordinator is an entry level position that supports the Digital Experience team, helping to monitor website health and performance, and execute the appropriate tactics to amplify our clients’ web properties and digital footprint. As the coordinator develops their knowledge of tactics and trends, they will help execute the day-to-day SEO and Analytics tasks at the direction of senior team members to ensure Saltwater clients are achieving their digital marketing goals.
The SEO Coordinator role is not directly client facing. The individual will provide support to senior members of the Digital Experience team to ensure they have all the data, resources, and context to fully support our clients. This includes performing research, compiling metrics, and preparing documentation for client meetings, presentations, and business development activities.
The SEO coordinator is expected to grow their understanding of tactics and strategies through on-the-job training, and regular industry research. As the primary owner and administrator of the SEO and digital marketing tool set, the SEO Coordinator is expected to be fully proficient with these tools, and ensuring that all features and updates are being utilized to maximize the benefit to Saltwater clients.
- Monthly Reporting - compiling data for more senior team members to review. Performing high level analysis of the data to highlight trends or findings for deeper analysis by a Digital Marketing Specialist. Must have the ability to navigate Google Analytics and other data sources to compile information. Google Analytics Certification and working knowledge of Google Data Studio is a plus.
- Site Health Monitoring - Regularly crawling client websites, analytics properties, and Google Search Console to identify and resolve issues that may be detrimental to site performance.
- Research - Conduct competitive analysis on behalf of clients and ongoing keyword research to inform content optimization and SEO strategy.
- Content Optimization - Metadata authoring and mapping to content pages and sections. Making initial copy recommendations and content enhancements for review by senior team members.
- Content Updates - Working in our clients CMS’ to make approved content updates, metadata implementation, redirects, etc.
- Business Listings Updates - Ensure business listings are optimized and accurately reflect client details.
- Data Management - curation, organization, and maintenance of performance data.
- General Support - Assist teammates in the development of presentation materials, new business collateral, and other areas where needed.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 0-2 Years of Agency or In-House Experience Preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Strong writing skills
- Entry level knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Ability to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, information systems, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Google products, including Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Search Console, and Google My Business. Certification is encouraged.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- A close eye for detail with the ability to see how those details fit into the bigger picture.