Saltwater is a digital marketing and advertising agency, that believes in solving our client’s communication challenges with thoughtfully designed experiences, and compelling, creative paths. User experience fundamentals help shape our strategy for the work we produce, and the mediums that we employ to reach the client’s audience.
At Saltwater the UX Architect works closely with our Account Strategists, and the client at the beginning stages of the relationship or project, to gather research, synthesize personas, and identify ideal paths and mediums for generating interaction. Working with the Copy team they help distill information architecture, and taxonomy systems. Our design team will collaborate with you during the wireframe and rapid prototyping stages to ensure that the finished design tracks to the audience’s objectives as well as the client’s. At the closure of a project the UX Architect contributes to the QA process by defining success criteria, and testing schemes to insure we’ve maintained the fidelity of the intended experience.
This is a senior position, and an opportunity to craft new process, within a relatively organic agency. We look forward to discussing your ideas around innovating the design process in this field, and sharing some of our own that you would help to refine and formalize.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our Design team and contribute to our ambitious level of creative and functional excellence. The ability to both lead and collaborate on separate occasions is critical, we are a non-ego culture that values team players who can also step up and lead the team and clients in their area of expertise when called upon.
Here are a few other things you would be responsible for…
- Own multiple (but not excessive) projects at the same time, usually in various states of completion.
- Advocate for the user audience in project strategy and design discussions.
- Ensure the final product meets the standards we set out to achieve, or guide the team back to success where they’ve gone off the tracks in execution.
- Continuously develop, improve and teach processes that build design efficiency within Saltwater through UX principles.
- Establish core project definition documents (such as IA, wireframes, personas, etc) that can be used consistently across projects to capture the decisions made and create client awareness and comfort with the plan going forward.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years of experience within the UX/IA design space.
- Experience working with consumer-decision scenarios, and marketing principles a plus.
- Strong people skills, comfort presenting and articulating in a group setting.
- Highly proficient in modern design applications like: Sketch, InVision Studio, Adobe CC, etc.
- Fluent in ADA compliance and assistive technologies with respect to defining design criteria for web and mobile interfaces.
- Rapid contextual prototyping abilities to deliver solutions and answers for our customers and teams.
- Knowledge of mobile concepts including responsive web design, responsive delivery, etc.
- Comfortable in daily communication using collaboration tools such as Slack.
- Agile training is a plus but not required.