Go ahead, look in the mirror. Now, do you see the up-and-coming creative professional the following collection of words describes?
“You’re a talented, creative human with solid graphic design knowledge and skills. You work closely with copywriters and other designers, learning and sharing all the day through! You are an innovative contributor and your creative mind is hip; you are constantly learning from your senior team members while keeping up with current trends so that your ideas are fresh, inspiring, and making our clients happy!”
That makes you sound kinda awesome, right?! Cool mirror, too. But wait, there’s more!
“You are balancing client work with internal Saltwater marketing efforts. If there is overflow work on a campaign being executed by co-workers, you’re the go-to. Aside from the day-to-day client work, you should be able to contribute to new business activities, helping to develop sales decks and other related tasks.
You should be honing your presentation skills, and beginning to learn to work more closely with clients. You should be developing strong communication skills when communicating with your team, and with clients as you explain creative rationales. We do a lot of brand work and you should be getting comfortable with taking brand guidelines and producing work that is consistent with those.”
So, person in the mirror, does that sound like you? Here are some further deets:
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong visual and conceptual thinking rooted in form and function through storytelling, typography, iconography, color theory, hierarchy and layout for all screen sizes along print (and the production methods associated with each)
- Experience designing for mobile applications
- Experience creating and working with wireframes, sketches, UI and final visual design
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with designers, copywriters and developers
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Able to define the look and feel of large, industry-leading sites and interpret brand standards when provided into compelling digital translations
- Familiarity with current advertising and design trends, and practical knowledge of the web and multimedia technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field - preferably graphic design/art/advertising
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign
- Knowledge of HTML + CSS
- Agency experience preferred